If you are searching for the best washing machine brands in India, you have come to the right place! Washing machine is a long term investment for every Indian household. That’s why in this post, we have not only brought you the best washing machines but also highlighted the major brands to consider while buying a washing machine.
There are more details you should look for when buying a washing machine, including types like front load, top load, automatic and semi-automatic, so let’s get started.
top 5 washing machine brands in India
1. Samsung is a popular electronic brand in India. People really like it. Samsung washing machines have great wash options that make the machine use less energy. This means it doesn’t need a lot of water to wash clothes. Samsung is a top brand from South Korea and is known worldwide for good home appliances. Samsung’s services are better than other brands. All the washing machines are made in India, specifically at the Noida Plant. Because of the good price and quality of Samsung washing machines, this company offers better machines than others.
2. LG Electronics is a big brand from South Korea that makes different kinds of things. They always try to mix new ideas and technology to make their products better. Because of this, LG washing machines have always done better than other brands. One cool thing about LG washing machines is the smart diagnosis system. This means if there’s a problem, you can call LG customer care, put your phone on the machine, and they can figure out what’s wrong. These washing machines are made in Pune and Ranjangaon plants.
3. Whirlpool is a big company from America that came to India in the 1980s as part of its plan to grow worldwide. It joined up with TVS Group and started the first Whirlpool factory in Pondicherry to make washing machines. Whirlpool makes really good washing machines that are not fully automatic. These machines are smart – they figure out the kind of water they’re using and can save you 20% of water and soap when you’re washing.
4. Panasonic Corporation is a brand that makes washing machines. It was started in 1918 by Konosuke Matsushita, who used to make lightbulb sockets. Panasonic is a big company from Japan that makes all sorts of electronics. They’ve been making washing machines for more than 70 years, so they know a lot about it. Every Panasonic washing machine uses really good technology. In 2013, they sold 100 million washing machines, which is a big achievement.
5. Godrej Group is an Indian company based in Mumbai, India. The family that owns it is the Godrej family. It started in 1897 by two people, Ardeshir Godrej and Pirojsha Burjorji Godrej. If you want a simple washing machine where you put clothes in from the top, Godrej has one that’s not too expensive. It also has extra features like child lock, active soak, and more.
How to Choose the Best Washing Machine
Now, let’s talk about the most important things to think about when you’re buying a washing machine.
- Front Load or Top Load Machine?
- If you don’t want to spend too much, a top load machine is a good choice. They usually cost between Rs 7,000 to Rs 20,000. Top load machines let you pause and add more clothes during the wash, and they’re easy to use, especially if you have trouble bending down.
- On the downside, top load machines use more water, electricity, and detergent. They’re not as good at washing delicate clothes. Most top loaders don’t have a heater built in.
- Front load machines are a bit more expensive, but they’re efficient, use less water and electricity, and clean clothes better.
- Note: Front load machines need water pressure of at least 1 bar. This means the water tank should be at least 17 feet high. Usually not a problem in Indian homes as water supplies keep the pressure at 1 bar.
- Automatic or Semi-Automatic?
- If you’re going for a top load machine, you can choose between automatic and semi-automatic. Semi-automatic ones are bigger because they have a separate washer and dryer.
- With semi-automatic machines (priced around 5 to 10 thousand), after washing, you need to move the clothes to the dryer manually. Automatic machines do this part for you.
- The size of the washing machine, or its capacity, is important.